Thursday 23 May 2013

So I'm in a different country now?

Hello America!

First of all, my dear country, let me say I miss you, but not really really badly yet.  As long as I'm in this place, that may never happen...

To the people of America whom I dearly love, I DO miss you!  Adjusting to Costa Rica will be very different this time around.  Last year, everything about city life was new and exciting, and I hardly had time to stop and think.  It was a constant whirlwind of fresh tastes, new faces, and changing struggles.  This year, I feel in many ways as though I am stepping right back into an old friendship, as if this is my home, and I just had 10 months away.  As we walked the streets to dinner last night, I had to remind myself that it had actually been almost a year since I last did that!  I am sure that going on campus will be a new adventure, and the new relationships I will build will most certainly be the most exciting thing I do this year.

Today our team will go to campus for the first time, for a scavenger hunt to acquaint ourselves with the new surroundings.  The object will be to learn organically through the locals, not depending on English or our past experiences.  Not only will this get everyone more comfortable with the area, but also teach us to engage with the students and build friendships early.  Tomorrow we do the same but throughout the city.  It will be great to see some familiar places again!

Pray for my passport situation, because for some reason it was only approved for 20 days, so I will need to visit the embassy and get that amended.  Also pray for our team to grow together more, now that Hector has joined us here!  It looks like things are all going well though, and God has certainly blessed us with diversity!  At first I saw this only in our nationalities, but wsince getting to know everyone, we all hav very different gifts to share with the team.

More later!
Andrew

Psalm 86:6-12

No comments:

Post a Comment