Saturday 18 May 2013

Howdy!

Hello to my friends around the world!

I am blessed to be going back to San Jose, Costa Rica this summer to lead a Summer Project similar to the one I participated in last year.  We aim to glorify the Lord and know Him more closely, grow close as a team and a greater body of believers, and of course reach many students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Currently I am at briefing in Portland, awaiting the arrival of my team, and making last-minute plans for our schedule and activities.  Here we will do training for culturally-sensitive ministry, get a clearer vision for how and why we are reaching out to students, and get to know our team members.

This is the breakdown of our team:

The leaders are Jerusha Karraker and I.  She is on staff with Cru at Oregon, and I am blessed to lead alongside her.  The students are Philip Asamoah (Indiana), Katherine Mitchell (Wheaton College), Jin Jung (Dickinson State, on exchange from South Korea), and Hector Suarez (American U, on exchange from Venezuela).  As you can see, we are a very diverse little group!  I believe God has brought us together for a special purpose, and I can't wait to see how we grow together and learn each other's unique stories.

We leave on Tuesday night for San Jose, where the rainy season has just started and we are hoping for fertile soil where we can plant seeds of truth!  Please pray for our safe travels and for the unity of our team as we embark.

My next post will be from Costa Rica, and I wish you well as I depart for a season!  God bless you and keep you!

Andrew

Romans 10:9-15

2 comments:

  1. Andrew, I am so excited for you this summer, and wish I could be going along! But know that I will be praying diligently for you and the team. I'm looking forward to reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were here as well! (STINT.....) Thank you so much for your prayers. Let me know how I can be praying for things up there! There are a lot of rainy afternoons just ripe for praying =)

    ReplyDelete